The Rules of Mandatory Conformity Certification of Products Included in Unified Lists entered into force
On July 30, 2021, the new rules of compulsory product conformity certification, referred to in paragraph 1 (3) of Art. 46 of the Act "On technical regulations" entered into force. The resolution No. 1265 approving them was adopted on July 24. The document will be in force for the next 6 years - until July 30, 2027.
What information was indicated in the document?
The rules discussed in this article have been established for products that are included in the harmonized lists of goods subject to the procedure of mandatory certification and declaration of conformity in the national system of GOST R standards.
The regulations contain 13 chapters and 1 appendix, which define:
- general provisions, applicable terms and definitions
- list of people participating in the work on the mandatory conformity confirmation procedure, the scope of their functions and responsibilities
- mandatory certification procedure
- detailed rules for submitting applications and making decisions on applications by the certification body
- rules for product identification, sampling for testing and measurements
- rules for the assessment of production through the assessment of the quality management system or the analysis of the production state
- rules for testing products and types of products
- rules for analyzing certification results and making decisions about issuing a certificate (or refusing to issue it)
- principles of inspection control of certified products
- certificate expiration, suspension and renewal procedure
- detailed rules for the replacement of the certificate
- conformity declaration procedure
- rules for labeling products
The annex indicates the list of Russian national standards with the rules for confirming the compliance of certain types of products, including cement, tempered glass, electricity and other products.
Principles of product certification
Pursuant to the provisions of the Regulations, the certification of goods is carried out by a certification body with appropriate accreditation in accordance with Russian law. The application for certification must contain: information about the applicant, manufacturer, including the Global Location Number in the event that the goods were produced outside the Russian Federation and the EAEU countries, certification scheme, national standard and information about the contractor, if the manufacturer placed an order under the so-called . private label production.