Rospotrebnadzor FAQ regarding Customs Union
- Q:Will the Sanitary-Epidemiological conclusions and the certificate of the Government registration given out before July 1st 2010 operate on the territory of the Russian federation?
A: Yes, they will operate on the territory of the Russian federation till January 1st 2012. Their operation won’t extend on the territory of other state-participants of the customs union. Besides, possibility of obtaining documents, which were standing out earlier for acknowledgment of conforming of production with safety requirements according to the national legislation of one of the states-parties (the certificate of the Government registration) for application only on territory of the state which have given out such document, will be retained till January 1st 2011.
- Q:What documents, confirming safety of production, will be issued since July 1st 2010?
A: Certificates of the Government registration of the Customs Union, valid for the whole territory of the state-participants of the Customs Union, will be issued since July 1st. Possibility of obtaining the certificates of the Government registration according to the legislation of the Russian Federation is also retained till January 1st 2011.
- Q:Who can be the applicant on obtaining of the certificate of the Government registration of the customs union?
A: The applicant can be:
- For products made on customs territory of the Customs Union- the producer (manufacturer) of the products;
- For products made beyond the customs territory of the Customs Union - the producer (manufacturer), the supplier (importer) of the products.
- Q:What products are subject to the Government registration on the territory of the Customs Union?
A: The following products are subject of the Government registration:
- Mineral water (natural-table mineral waters, medicinal-table, medicinal), bottled drinking water, packaged in capacity (including for use in baby food), tonics, alcoholic production, including low alcohol production, beer.
- Specialized foodstuff, including products of baby food, products for pregnant and feeding women, products dietary (medical and preventive)a food, products for a food of sportsmen (further - specialized foodstuff); biologically active additives to food, raw materials for manufacture of biologically active additives to food, organic products.
- The foodstuff received with use of transgenic organisms, including genetically modified microorganisms.
- Food additives, complex food additives, flavours, vegetative extracts as flavor substances and raw components, starting cultures of microorganisms and bacterial ferments, technological auxiliary means, including fermental preparations.
- Cosmetic production; means and products of hygiene of an oral cavity.
- Disinfectants, pest and deratization tools(for using in home, in hospitals and other facilities (except used in veterinary medicine)).
- The household chemical goods.
- Potentially dangerous chemical and biological substances and the preparations made on their basis representing potential danger to the person (except medical products),the individual substances (compounds) of natural or synthetic origin capable in conditions of production, use, transportation, processing, and also in living conditions have adverse effects on human health and the environment.
- Materials, equipment, devices and other technical means of water preparation intended for use in systems of drinking-water supply.
- Subjects of personal hygiene for children and adults; subjects of children's use till three years: ware and the products used for a food of children, subjects of hygienic care of the child; clothes for children (the first layer).
- The products intended for contact to foodstuff (except ware, dining facilities, the process equipment). Import and the reference of the products specified in points 1 – 11 of this section is carried out in the presence of a document confirming their safety according to points 17 and 30 of the Procedure for Government Sanitary and Epidemiological supervision (control) of persons and vehicles, crossing customs border of the customs union, products moved through the customs border of the customs union and on the customs border of the customs union.
- Q: What documents will be issued on products which was subject to Sanitary-Epidemiological expertise with delivery of the Sanitary-Epidemiological conclusions, but now is not included in the list of products which are subject to the Government registration on territory of the customs union?
A: For such products the documents confirming the accordance will be issued: principally-declarations of the conformity, made with third party attraction.