New plan for updating and developing the EAEU technical regulations
On June 8, 2021, the decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission No. 57 of April 23, 2021, which approved a new development plan for the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union and the changes made to them was officially published. The document is valid from July 8, 2021.
The new plan has been divided into 2 sections
The updated plan for the development and updating of the technical regulations will replace the plan that is currently in force, which was adopted by the EEC Council Decision No. 79 of October 1, 2014. The new document invalidates the provisions of the previous plan. The new plan, like the previous one, has been divided into two parts:
1. Development of technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union.
2. Amendments to the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Development of technical regulations in the EAEU
The first part concerns the development of technical regulations in the EAEU and includes 11 categories of products and/or services:
- building materials and structures
- feed and feed additives
- poultry and poultry products
- products for civil defense and civil protection in natural and man-made crises
- materials intended to come into contact with food products
- high voltage equipment
- metro rolling stock
- light rail transport, trams
- products containing nicotine
- food for non-productive animals
- building materials and products.
Amendments to the technical regulations in the EAEU
The second part of the plan includes 42 categories of products and/or services for which the update of the technical regulations is planned. Please note that some of the categories are subject to several regulations at the same time. This is the case, for example, in the technical regulation TR CU 010/2011 "On the safety of machinery and equipment".
The first planned changes are to update the requirements for the equipment of small hydropower plants and the lists of machines and devices subject to certification or declaration of conformity (Annex 3 to TR CU 010/2011).