Debate on the draft clarification of the EAEU nomenclature on fire extinguishing agents
A discussion has started on a project to clarify the nomenclature of goods subject to foreign trade codes in the list of fire extinguishing agents in the Eurasian Economic Union. On October 6, 2021, the 21-day period of public discussion on this project of the EAEU Council officially began.
The scope of the decision No 170
The discussed decision No. 170 approves the list of products for which, when performing customs activities, i.e. when submitting a customs declaration, it is necessary to provide a document or information about a document issued to assess its compliance with the requirements of the EAEU technical regulation "On requirements for fire-fighting and extinguishing equipment ".
Changes provided for in the project
The draft amendment, which is subject to public debate, assumes the replacement of certain codes of the EAEU Commodity Nomenclature in connection with the entry into force of the new edition of the Commodity Nomenclature for Foreign Economic Activity. It is based on the 7th edition of the Harmonized Commodity Labeling and Coding System of the World Customs Organization and the unified Commodity Nomenclature of the Foreign Economic Activity of the Independent Community States.
Clarifying the nomenclature of specific products
It is planned to clarify the EAEU nomenclature of goods subject to foreign trade codes for such types of firefighting and fire safety equipment as:
- foaming agents for extinguishing fires
- wetting agents
- fire extinguishing gaseous substances
- staff firefighters and rescue vehicles
- fire retardants for wood
- vehicles for lighting and gas and smoke protection service
- uninterruptible power supplies for technical means of fire-fighting automation systems
- fire alarms
- fire alarm control devices
- special protective clothing for a firefighter (general purpose, from increased thermal effects, as well as an insulating type)
- fire lamps, radio beacons, thermal imagers
- rope-escapement fire-fighting devices
- equipment for service of pressure water fire hoses
- fire doors
- smoke screens, etc.
When will the new law come into force?
According to the adopted schedule, the list of firefighting equipment along with the updated codes of the nomenclature of goods traded in foreign trade of the EAEU and the new edition of the Goods Nomenclature itself is to enter into force on January 1, 2022.