New procedure for the development, amendment and cancellation of technical regulations in the EAEU
On April 29, 2021, a public discussion on the draft prepared by the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission "On changes in the procedure for the development, adoption, amendment and revocation of technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union" began. The discussion on the project will last one month - until May 29, 2021.
Change of regulations after 9 years
The developed document defines a new proposal regarding the provisions of the Procedure for the development, adoption, amendment and cancellation of EU technical regulations, which was approved on June 20, 2012. After almost 9 years of operation, it is time to update it to adapt it to the current conditions of a rapidly changing reality.
Procedures and regulations will be simplified
In order to optimize the necessary changes and development of the technical regulations of the Union, the new procedure clarifies and simplifies certain provisions. It is about:
- elimination of the decision-making procedure by the Advisory Committee for Technical Regulations, Application of Sanitary, Phytosanitary and Veterinary Measures on sending the draft technical regulations for public discussion
- abolition of the procedure for making decisions on the direction of draft technical regulations for national approval based on the results of negotiations of the heads of the authorities of the EU Member States concerned or their deputies
- a decision to carry out an impact assessment under national coordination, if the legislation of the EAEU country provides for the need to implement it for draft technical regulations in the Union and draft amendments to them
- in special cases, simplifying the procedure for making changes to technical regulations
6 attachments to the procedure
In addition to the main draft text of the new procedure, 6 annexes have been published (there are 5 in the current edition):
1) the form of the notification on the development of a draft regulation/draft amendment to the regulation
2) the form of notification of the end of the public discussion on the draft technical regulations of the EAEU or on amendments to the regulations
3) the form for summarizing comments to the draft technical regulations of the EAEU, amendments and rules for its completion
4) the list of documents necessary for the national approval of the project (excluding the protocol of negotiations between the leaders);
5) the list of differences in opinions between the Member States on the draft technical regulations of the EAEU or draft amendments and documents listed in Annex 4 (new Annex);
6) the list of documents necessary for the Management Board to consider the draft technical regulations of the EAEU or draft amendments.