Discussion on changes in the regulations concerning low voltage devices and electromagnetic compatibility
On November 16, 2021, a public discussion on two draft decisions of the EAEU Council regarding amendments to the technical regulations TR CU 004/2011 "On the safety of low voltage equipment" and TR CU 020/2011 "On electromagnetic compatibility" began. The discussion will last until January 30, 2022.
Basis information about the project of changes
The coordinator responsible for introducing changes in both projects is the Eurasian Economic Commission. The purpose of implementing these changes is to establish conformity assessment procedures, forms and schemes based on standard schemes approved under the decision of the EAEU Council of April 18, 2018. The proposed changes are the same for both regulations.
Clarification of the certification procedure
After the changes, both regulations will contain a detailed description of the certification procedure for each of the systems. It will include, among others information on the set of required documents, description of the procedure for the applicant and the certification body, rules for the period of validity and storage of the certificate.
The certification system is new in both regulations. The scheme 9c will apply, in addition to the previous 1c, 3c and 4c. It is intended for single products that are used to equip enterprises in the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union. The list of documents submitted when using schemes 3c, 4c and 9c includes:
- copies of technical documentation
- copies of documents on the basis of which the product was manufactured
- copies of the contract and shipping documents
- a list of standards, if compliance with the requirements of the regulations can be ensured through the application of individual chapters or clauses of these standards
- information on tests performed, test reports
- description of the results of the risk assessment
- copies of documents (test reports, certificates) that have been issued under international certification systems
- information about the applicant
Clarification of the conformity declaration procedure
The declaration schemes will remain unchanged. As in the case of the certification procedure, the regulations will describe the entire conformity declaration procedure in detail. It will contain information on the required set of documents, the applicant's obligations, storage period and validity of the application. A novelty will be the definition of cases where sample testing is not required. This will be possible, for example, when using documents issued under international certification systems.