GOST R Certificate explanation
GOST R Certificate of Conformity is essential document for certain group of products. The description of Conformity Certificate fields will clarify many questions...
GOST R Certificate explanation
GOST R Certificate of Conformity is essential document for certain group of products. The description of Conformity Certificate fields will clarify many questions:
- The number of GOST certificate in the following format: POCC. LL.LLDD.LDDDDD
- First two letters after POCC. is the country code of the product manufacturer, e.g. IT – means Italy, GB – means Great Britain
- Next four signs are two digits and two letters - the code of the certification body where the certificate was issued, e.g. МЛ20. Usually letters are Cyrillic, if the certification body is registered outside Russian Federation the letters will be Latin (e.g. MK49)
- The last part of the number starts with the letter meaning:
- A – single group(shipment) of product is certified according to the obligatory requirements;
- B – serial production of product is certified according to the obligatory requirements;
- C - single group(shipment) of product is certified for voluntary requirements ( in this case the certificate will be on a blue paper)
- H - – serial production of product is certified for voluntary requirements ( in this case the certificate will be on a blue paper)
- Validity period of the GOST-R certificate: “from dd.mm.yyyy. to dd.mm.yyyy.” Validity period could be up to 3 years.
- “Certification body”. The information about the certification body where certificate was issued. Contains the following information: Name of the body, address, phone, accreditation number. The example of the accreditation number – POCC. RU.1234.12АБ34
- “Production” which is subject of the certification. The whole list of the products should be mentioned in that field. If it’s not possible the certificate will have the attachment page with the list of the products.
- OK 005 (ОКП) code – All-Russian product classifier code.
- “Conforms to the requirements of normative documents”. The list of the documents on which the certification of the product is based, e.g. ГОСТ Р 513318.14.1-2006 etc.
- HS Code of the Russian Federation – the Russian Harmonized System Code, in general, similar to the HS Code of other countries. Ten digits.
- “Manufacturer”. The name and registration address of the manufacturer.
- “Certificate is issued”. The holder of the certificate is mentioned in that field. It could be the same company as mentioned in the “Manufacturer” field or other company. The following info: name of the company, address, phone number.
- “On the ground” The document based on which the GOST R Certificate was issued, e.g.: declaration of conformity, ISO Certificate, Hygienic Certificate, laboratory tests etc.
- “Additional info”. The scheme of the certification, the rules of GOST Sign marking etc.
- The certification body manager’s sign.
- The expert’s sign.
Data given by the clients to the certification body.
When you offer GOST R certificate, you should give the following information (later it will appear on the certificate, please pay attention to it): the list of the products, HS Codes , the name of the holder, the name of the manufacturer.