Russia: a new unified register of the Declaration of Conformity in digitized form
As part of the so-called "regulatory guillotine" mechanism, on July 31, 2020, a new document from the Russian Ministry of Economic Development concerning the activities of participants in the national accreditation system was adopted. The changes are introduced on the basis of order No. 478 "On the approval of the Procedure for the registration of the declaration of conformity and the Procedure for the creation and maintenance of a unified register of registered declarations of conformity and provision of information contained in the indicated register".
Two deadlines for introducing changes to the provisions on the declaration of conformity
On January 1, 2021, the amendments come into force, pursuant to which:
- unified rules for keeping the register of the declaration of conformity will apply
- all the collected data will be digitized
- certification bodies will independently enter information about issued recommendations into the registers
- the applicant will register the statements on his own
- structural and other controls will be carried out
From August 1, 2021, two further changes will be implemented. They relate to:
- attaching scanned copies of documents (contracts with an accredited certification body) confirming the required amount (i.e. weight and volume) of imported product samples
- checking information about the applicant (producer) in the register of notifications about the start of certain types of economic activity.
Electronic form of documents
The order introduces new rules for keeping a register of compliance declarations and for providing information contained in this register. The key change is the change of the method of providing information and documents constituting material in a given case to electronic form. A summary of the collected materials will be attached to the protocol (created on the basis of an electronic archive). This mechanism will ensure the openness and traceability of the declaration process.
Conformity declaration status
For the first time, the status of the declaration of conformity (valid, suspended, revoked, archived) was established in the register. In addition, the use of automated control of the compliance of the information contained in the declarations with the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation and the law of the Eurasian Economic Union is also provided for.