Public discussion on the third draft amendment to the regulations on perfumes and cosmetics has started
On May 11, 2021, in the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union, the procedure of public debate on the draft amendment number 3 to the technical regulation TR CU 009/2011 "On the safety of perfumery and cosmetic products" began. The proposed changes will be discussed for 65 days and any comments on the project may be submitted until July 15th.
Why are the changes being introduced?
The document was developed by the State Committee of the Republic of Belarus for Standardization for below described reasons:
- clarification of the scope of the regulations
- adjusting the rules for identifying perfumery and cosmetic products
- supplementing the regulations with the terms and conditions of trading in perfumery and cosmetic products on the market
- approval of the requirements for conformity assessment and marking of products that are also subject to other EAEU technical regulations
- establishing individual requirements (e.g. for toxicological indicators, packaging requirements, assessment of mucosal irritation).
Products that will be affected by changes to the regulations
The developed changes to the technical regulations CU TR 009/2011 will concern the following product categories:
- final cosmetic products in packages for retail sale
- perfumery and cosmetic products made by mixing the components of the set by the consumer in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer
- perfumery and cosmetic products that are used in products manufactured in the territory of the EAEU
It should be emphasized that for groups 2 and 3, only the individual requirements of the technical regulations apply.
Conformity assessment of cosmetic products
The new edition of the Technical Regulations also includes an amended sixth article entitled "Conformity Assessment". The forms of conformity assessment remain unchanged. Necessary to carry it out are: declaration of conformity and state registration. At the same time, schemes and conformity assessment procedures are being developed in accordance with the new standards, based on the decision of the EAEU Council of April 18, 2018. It is worth recalling that perfumery and cosmetic products obtained after mixing the ingredients are tested in accredited research centers.
Cosmetic products for the whole family
Important information: in the amended version of the regulations, perfumery and cosmetic products intended for the whole family will have to go through the state registration procedure. Laboratory testing of such products must be carried out in accordance with the safety guidelines for products for children.