Customs Union Technical Regulations on safety of machines.
Countries covered – Customs Union: Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Effective date – 15th February 2013
Transition period – until 15th March 2015 (old TR certificates will be valid until this date)
Products covered in new Technical Regulations:
all machines and (or) equipment, for which the hazards are identified.
- certification by an accredited certification body, included in the Unified Register of certification bodies and testing laboratories (centres) of the Customs Union;
- declaration of conformity on the basis of own proofs and (or) the proofs received with participation of a certification body.
By decision of an applicant declaration of conformity can be replaced by certification.
Products not covered in the Technical Regulations:
- machines and (or) equipment related to integrity and stability of functioning of the communication network and use of the radio-frequency spectrum;
- machines and (or) equipment for medical purposes and used in direct contact with a patient (X-ray, diagnostic, therapeutic, orthopedic, dental and surgical equipment);
- machines and (or) equipment, specially designed for application in nuclear industry;
- wheeled transport except for machines and (or) equipment installed on it;
- marine and river transport (ships and floating means and machines and (or) equipment used on them);
- space and aircraft;
- railway equipment and technical means specially designed for use in railway transport and subway;
- weapons and military equipment;
- machines and (or) equipment designed for use by handicapped people;
- agricultural and forest tractors and trailers, except for machines and (or) equipment mounted on them;
- drilling platforms except for machines and (or) equipment, which are used on them.