Customs Union Technical Regulations on safety of low voltage equipment.
Countries covered – Customs Union: Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Effective date – 15th February 2013
Transition period – until 15th March 2015 (old TR certificates will be valid until this date)
Products covered in new Technical Regulations.
Low-voltage equipment placed on the market in the single customs territory of the Members States of the Customs Union. Low-voltage equipment is equipment designed for use with a voltage rating between 50 and 1000 VAC and between 75 and 1500 V DC.
Products not covered in the Technical Regulations on safety of low voltage equipment.
- electrical equipment for use in explosive atmospheres;
- medical equipment;
- electrical equipment of lifts and lifting mechanisms (except electrical machines);
- electrical equipment for defense purposes; electrical fence controllers; electrical equipment designed for use on transport.
- electrical equipment for safety systems of reactors for nuclear power stations.
- certification by an accredited certification body, included in the Unified Register of certification bodies and testing laboratories (centers) of the Customs Union;
- declaration of conformity on the basis of own proofs and (or) the proofs received with participation of a certification body.
Low-voltage equipment included in the List above is subject to conformity assurance by certification. Low-voltage equipment not included in the List is subject to conformity assurance by adoption of a declaration of conformity. By decision of an applicant, declaration of conformity can be replaced by certificate.
Valid period of the certificate of conformity is up to 5 years.