Customs Union Technical Regulations on safety of elevators.
Countries covered – Customs Union: Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Effective date – 15th February 2013.
Transition period – until 15th March 2015.
This Technical Regulation of the Customs Union applies to elevators.
Specific elevators not covered in this Technical Regulations:
- Elevators used in the mines and the coal mining industry;
- Elevators used on ships and other floating crafts;
- Elevators used on platforms for exploration and drilling in the sea;
- Elevators used on aircraft and aircraft,
- Elevators with rack and pinion or screw lifting mechanism;
- Special elevators for military purposes.
Conformity assurance is made by the means of certification by an accredited certification body included in the Unified Register of certification bodies and testing laboratories (centers) of the Customs Union.
Valid period of the TR certificate of conformity is up to 5 years. Additionally, the safety devices of elevators should be certified for compliance with this regulation. Prior the start-up process the declaration of conformity is issued for every model of the elevator.
The list of elevator safety devices subject to mandatory certification:
- Hydro security apparatus (breaking valve).
- Door lock shaft.
- Speed limiter.